Pintrest

Friday 24 August 2018

Lowry - Whole school display

Lost In Lowry

With help from my colleagues at my previous school we created a whole school Eisteddfod display inspired by Lowry. There were lots of elements to this, which created an excellent atmospheric display.

People - One year group made pipe cleaner people, cats and dogs. They also made clothing and accessories to go on them! Brilliant and fitted in to the Victorian topics.

Pastels - Many of the classes made pastel drawings inspired by Lowry's industrial scenes.

Buildings - many of the younger classes made 3d buildings using old cardboard boxes.

Chimneys  - My class and I made 2 large chimneys to help create the 'feel' and set off the scene.
These were my favourite - 2 dustbins with painted cardboard tall thin boxes inside and the stuck (with all methods of sticking/stapling/gluing/taping) the painted wadding on the the pipes and wire. I had some spare brick wall table cloths to use on the base.




We then painstakingly suspended many of the characters (with my amazing assistant Mrs L - a true star!) using string from the very high ceiling, we wanted a truly 3 dimensional outcome.
Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment